Medicare birthday rally will bring attention
President Biden issued an executive order July 8 to safeguard access to abortion and contraception, a move that comes amid heightened pressure on the White House since the Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade. PBS NewHour's Laura Barrón-López joins anchor Judy Woodruff to discuss what it means and where some activists say it falls short.
July 21st, 2022
Under REACH, traditional Medicare
is quietly being handed to Wall Street
The essential elements of this program are being continued under the Biden administration’s REACH program. The Medicare and Medicaid Center for Innovation has announced that it plans to force all seniors into this program by 2030, completely privatizing Medicare. Traditional Medicare will be eliminated, leaving a system with all the problems of private insurance that is much more expensive than even Medicare Advantage.
Consequences of REACH:
- Enrollees who’ve chosen traditional Medicare are forced into private plans.
- Patients lose choice of providers due to restricted provider panels.
- An incentive was created to deny care to maximize profit.
- Inappropriate denials of care and payment increase death and morbidity.
- Taxpayers and enrollees are forced to pay for an outrageously expensive system that prioritizes maximizing profits over patient care outcomes.
- Privatizing Medicare will make it virtually impossible to create an efficient and high quality system of universal, publicly funded health care.
- Unless the President halts the program, Congress is powerless to act.
- Write, call, and email your members of Congress telling them to demand that Biden act. Find their contact information at congress.gov/members.
- Speak up at town halls during the August recess.
- Write letters to the editor.
- Share this with friends, coworkers, neighbors, and groups to which you belong.
- Learn more at Physicians for a National Health Program: pnhp.org
July 12th, 2022
Today (July 1), more than 100,000 Oregonians will see their wages go up thanks to Oregon’s landmark law to raise the minimum wage and uplift working families. We wouldn’t have been able to get it done without @TinaKotek leading the way. In the race for governor, Tina is the only candidate who has proven that she will stand by Oregon's workers. That’s why we’re proud to be on #TeamTina #orpol
News & Updates
Look here for news, commentary and updates from Linn Dems and ally organizations