A look back at a month of protests against systemic racism, racial injustice
Here are links to stories and video from protests that occurred in June 2020.
• Hundreds gather in Lebanon on June 14 for Black Lives Matter Demonstration
• More than 1,000 people lined Ellsworth Street in downtown Albany on June 2 to peacefully protest.
• Miriam Cummins, Democratic candidate for House District 15 State Representative, speaks June 6 at a protest at the State Capitol in Salem.
• Some 2,000 gathered in downtown Corvallis on May 31.
• An estimated 4,000 demonstrated June 7 in downtown Corvallis.
Also, Rosa Colquitt, Ph.D, Chair of the Democratic Party of Oregon's Black Caucus, wrote a message May 29 on Facebook, titled "George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and all who came before" And Rosa wrote "Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom."
And see comments by Sen. Jeff Merkley, Congressman Peter DeFazio and State Rep. Marty Wilde.
And for more reading, see the "21-Day Racial Equity Challenge," by Dr. Eddie Moore