A word of thanks to our
Watch the May 4 Albany School Board Candidates Forum, presented by the Linn County Oregon Unit of the League of Women and debate students from South and West Albany high schools.
How to finance universal health care
is subject of May 19 Zoom conference
These questions will be explored during a Zoom conference, starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 19. (The registration link is below.)
Speaking will be Warren George, semiretired business consultant; and Marty Wilde,
State Representative District 11. Doug Boysen, CEO, Samaritan Health Services,. and Charles Gallia, former Health Authority Senior Policy Adviser and Senate Bill 770 co-author, will be the panelists.
A question-and-answer period will follow the presentations.
The conference is sponsored Mid-Valley Health Care Advocates (MVHCA), the League of Women Voters, and Health Care for All Oregon (HCAO).
'America is ready for takeoff'
• Biden's address, annotated and fact-checked (April 29, CNN)
• Opinion: What grade did Biden get on his speech to Congress? (April 29, CNN)
• Biden's address in 3 minutes (April 29, CNN)
• Five takeaways from Biden's American Families Plan (April 28, Washington Post)
• Fact Sheet: American Families Plan (April 28, The White House)
• Photos: Scenes from Biden's speech to Congress, a night of many firsts (April 29, NPR)
• Help is Here: The Democrats' Guide to Promoting the American Rescue Plan
News & Updates
Look here for news, commentary and updates from Linn Dems and ally organizations